Search Life Notes

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Masterpiece (Bible Study Lesson)

I’m discovering the many different ways and things that the Lord uses to speak to you. But one thing is for certain is that when He does, it’s undeniable.  

I had like 3 weeks to prepare for this and the whole time I’m like “ok Lord, feel free to drop somethin on me at any moment” “I’m right here, ears open”, thinking maybe if I drop the bible and see where it opens I’ll get somethin.  LOL. I’m listening to other people’s messages intently, looking for the lightening to strike in the sky or the sun beam of epiphany on what to teach on came, but of course it didn’t work that way. 

It wasn’t until this past Sunday that it hit me. And it was while I was out driving. Apostle Rankin preached a great Word and talked about a “Spiritual DUI (Spiritually Dying Under The Influence), and while I was able to relate to a lot of the issues and things that he talked about, at the same time I felt like “well, Lord, I thank You for delivering me and helping me to not have issues in those areas anymore”. I’ve grown and moved past some of those things and now I’m stronger because of it.  I felt good about myself.

And I’m sure the Lord was like “awwww, my daughter is to precious and delusional. (like we look at our children try to do something that we know good and doggone well that they aren’t big enough to do yet) Let me show her where she really is”

So while riding back to my boyfriend's (at the time) house (I’m finding that he seems to be a common denominator in the last few of my lessons lol), I was having a little moment and realizing that I’m still not “all the way there” in some of those things that I thought I was good in. I ate real good and thought I was full, but I’m finding that I still have some “empty pockets left in my spiritual stomach, that can get some more food into”. And while I’m having my little pity party by myself (cause the kids were asleep) trying not to cry, I said to myself “you know, I just want to have a drink and go to sleep.” Knowing that the alcohol settles in and makes you sleep a little heavier. (transparent moment). 

It was then that the Lord spoke (He speaks to me like I do Him. My inquisitive nature and always wondering how and why is exactly how He gut punches me back), and He said to me “Why are you trying to fix your broken pieces with Elmer’s glue? The same fire that it took to mold you is the same fire that it takes to fix/repair you.”

So like i said, I was having my pity party and I was immediately condemned. But in such a loving and “come on now” way. He didn’t ask me the question really harsh, but it sounded like a frustrated parent’s “why are you doing that” kinda way.


Isaiah 64:4-11 KJV/MSG



(KJV) verse 5: “in all thy ways acknowledge Him”

(KVJ)  verse 6: Definition of Iniquity


Message Version


(MSG) verse 5: Sin-infected - puss filled infection (Facebook post about infection in leg) - not just puss but odorous puss. 

(MSG) verse 8: “Still, God”

(MSG) verse 10: Jerusalem, Zion represent the lands of miracles and feasts, but when we don’t move in Him, those areas dry up and look like spiritual deserts




Now going back to the KJV, it used the word “Iniquities” a few times. 

When I used to think of iniquity, I only thought of sin. But I said, alright Lord, if this is what you’re giving me, there has to be more.



But if you really take the time to think about the term “grossly unfair behavior”, isn’t apprehension unfair? Isn’t the “I got it, I’m good, I’ll work it out” thought process unfair? 

So it’s not just in our major “big sin” actions that we are unfair to God. How are we going to allow the Word to manifest itself, if we don’t allow Him to do the work that’s in His word.



“small foxes that ruin the vine” 

It’s easy to stop with the things that we consider big. But it’s those small inward things that we think “oh this won’t hurt anybody. I’ll just deal with this by myself” that make or break our next move in Him.

The Lord is saying: How dare you have the nerve to hold back, when I told you that you were free.  (Ouch to my own self)

We’ve been put in a position to facilitate a catalytic shift, but our lands are dry and barren. We’re allowing our (my) own issues to get into the way of who and what we’re called to be.

Have you ever taken pottery or taken the time to see how a ball of clay turns into a finished product. And i find it ironic that He used the example of a ceramic vase to me.  

(the clay is molded to it’s form and has to be glazed or coated and then put into the fire to be solidified and ready for use.  Without the fire,  the clay is not able to be used because it’s not sturdy enough to hold whatever it needs to hold, even after it’s dried. The form will just crumble when it dries. But when it’s put into the fire, the composition changes and solidifies to a completely new from or matter)

But the vase was shattered with the attempt to be repaired. But you could still see the holes of where the small pieces were still missing.  But inside those holes, were beams of light. (The Lord uses a lot of visual elements of examples with me)

You can re-fire a single piece as much as 10 or more times (if done properly).

The vase is us with the broken pieces and areas of our lives.  We have the opportunity to hold something so amazing and so beautiful, but because of our holes and cracks, our anointing is just seeping out at the sides. When a vase is cracked, we may throw it away, instead of throwing it a way, a potter knows how to correct it and has the tools to repair it properly. The potter knows just how much glaze and just how much fire and heat is needed to fix the item. Or if it needs to be broken down and shaped into something else.  


“The Potter’s House” (Walter and Tramaine Hawkins)
  
The song says “Give Him the fragments of your broken life” (I always thought it said “He’ll heal the fragments of your broken life lol) That thing just had some serious new meaning to me with this lesson. 


Saying all of that to say, while we feel like we are well and capable to working through our own issues and situations, it’s not ours to fix. Loose and let go of the things that you’re holding on to. (closed mouths don’t eat and closed hands/hearts don’t get help)We are sooooo much more than what we’ve been through. But we are holding onto our issues and insecurities (myself too) like it’s who we are. When God is saying “that’s not who you are, it’s merely what you had to go through to get you to this point. Every tear and every thing you’ve experienced/witnessed was simply a brick to add to your foundation. It’s some more roots for your tree.”

Masterpiece

Lyrics to song

In case you have fallen by the wayside of life
Dreams and visions shattered, You're all broken inside.
You don't have to stay in the shape that you're in
The potter wants to put you back together again,
Oh, the potter wants to put you back together again.

In case your situation has turned upside down,
And all that you've accomplished, is now on the ground.
You don't have to stay in the shape that you're in
The potter wants to put you back together again,
Oh, the potter wants to put you back together again.

You who are broken, stop by the potter's house.
You who need mending, stop by the potter's house
Give Him the fragments of your broken life,
My friend, the potter wants to put you back together again,
Oh, the potter wants to put you back together again

Joy in the potter's house.

Peace in the potter's house.

Love in the potter's house.

There is salvation in the potter's house.

There is healing in the potter's house.

There is deliverance in the potter's house.

You'll find everything you need in the potter's house.

The potter wants to put you back together again,
Oh, the potter wants to put you back together again.





No comments:

Post a Comment