Search Life Notes

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Liberty


The writer that knows their keys is the equivalent to the artist that knows their tools.  The skill of their craft is contingent upon how well they know them.  They have to know the individualized functions of them all to be able to use them to their fullest capacity and get the greatest result. 

I’m sitting here with my head back and my eyes closed and I’m able to move across my keys just as fluidly as if I was looking at the screen.  With no particular thought in mind, but allowing my fingers to do the thinking and allowing that creative freedom to roam.  I find it interesting that when I open my eyes and look at my keys and my screen that the words don’t flow as easily as they do when my eyes are closed.  I wonder if it’s an unsaid fear at the sight of my own thoughts staring me in my face on the screen, of just an unsaid but understood self-confidence issue. 

I believe that I’m a good writer and I love to watch or hear of the effect that my writing has on others. But the freeing aspect of putting those thoughts into visual words has always been the greatest fear of mine to overcome.  My thoughts are provoking, and after last week’s blog, just as powerful as my words. For they are the very foundation of where those words emerge.  And it’s because of that power, that I’ve kept them hidden for years. Just now really emerging to let the words fly free.  Knowing that when they are read, that a portion of me has also been revealed.   It’s a journey that I’m willing to take so that I can be just as free as those that read.  Why allow them to be free by the very thing that at one time bound me?


No comments:

Post a Comment