Search Life Notes

Monday, August 12, 2013

Writer's Block


What do you do when the things that you are able to do, don't work out the way you want them to? The world of design relies and is completely hinged upon the ability to create.  So what does a designer do when the creative doesn't come?

Right now, at this point in time, I'm in that place.  Life issues have caused a creative dam that I'm having the hardest time to overcome at the moment.  I have been blessed with a natural gift for the arts.  Writing, music and design have been my three biggest areas of expression (hence the name "MuziqMami").  All of which hold a substantial weight in my passion; because they all show a different aspect of me.  My mind thinks in images and colors instead of words and phrases.  So those three parts of me allow that expression to flourish.

But as I'm sitting here with my fingers to the keys, my mind thinks of a far off land.  One filled with those bright colors and images swirling around my head and across my eyes an ears.  But they won't leave the world that they are in and convey themselves to my fingers so that I can relay them across the keys.

I desire to be able to let the creative consistently flow freely.  But tonight it just won't come.  Possibly tomorrow, when life things are back in order, I'll be able to express what's inside of me in a ways that's conducive to the art of expression that I so desire. Until then, I'll continue to type and allow what's  in me to try to push itself forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment