Search Life Notes

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can You Handle ME?!

He fell in love with me years ago. Time that seemed like a lifetime ago.  So since that time has passed, it seems like only appropriate to ask: Can you handle ME.  So much about me has changes and before anything can progress I need to know.  Because I'm not sure if I'm the one he fell in love with.  The girl he fell in love with was just that...a girl.  She was insecure, broken, naive, yet hurting from the events of life.  She didn't love or even like herself.  She would often look in the mirror in disgust.  But she was afraid to leave him because he cared about and loved her.  She was afraid that she'd never feel that love again.  She didn't know what he wanted out of life.  She didn't know what she wanted for herself other than she wanted and needed to be loved.  She needed to be needed.  And in that time and desire, he found her.  In that pivotal point in life he loved her.  So he kept her and was able to penetrate some of the walls and layers she put up.  She wouldn't let him completely though.  But in that time, he helped increase her confidence, and made her feel like something.  But of course there were some things in her that he couldn't fix.  Things he couldn't heal.  But in that time apart, she has been fixed and she is being healed.  And in that time she became me.  She became a woman.  She became a mother.  One who is discovering her purpose with the knowledge that I have one.  One who has confidence.  One who refuses to have anything less than what God has for me.  One who's quickness at the mouth isn't to hide the hurt anymore.  But to let it be known where I stand.  One who can say "NO" and mean it, but can also say "YES".  So once again I ask...Can you handle ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment